Translate

Monday, August 1, 2011

Wait with me... it's here!

Yes, my Pamir has arrived! Actually, it arrived a couple of weeks ago. But my very picky three-year-old refused to have her picture taken while being worn in Pamir. Maybe I asked too eagerly, who knows :)

Anyway: tonight my daughter was in a good mood and agreed to having some fun with Pamir Fresia, as it's been appropriately named by the lovely and talented mama who created this wrap for us.

Some initial thoughts on my first Pamir: I love it, but I'm not overwhelmed. Maybe because my expectations were too high. Maybe because it's dense but not thick. I like thick. Maybe because it needs to be broken in more, it's rather stiff right now. And it's a tad long for me, I bought a 5.5 m. because I knew Vatanai usually runs short and the dye bath would make it shrink even more. It measures approx. 5.25 m. now, but because it's not very thick, it has very long tails for me. (For instance: hemp indio is only 10 cm shorter than Pamir but the tails are way shorter after tying).

But the prettiness of Fresia makes that we reach for it often, so I think with time, it will soften up nicely. I like that the twill weave is much more sturdy than I expected it to be. I have been indoctrinated that cross twill weave is good and all else is evil, or in any case: less. But I think twill weave is also not bad, at least it makes for a very nice and tight carry with my 29 lbs three-year-old.







No comments:

Post a Comment